Thursday, April 26, 2007

The conversation that was...

Wow - another fine evening of conversation, friends! Steph & Mark, you were missed and we look forward to having you 'round the table next time...

I thought I'd list some of the books that were mentioned during our discussion:
Ted, you spoke of an article from... The New Yorker?? Atlantic Monthly?? Anyway, you may want to post it for others to be able to refer to.

Once again, the conversation was a bit here... a bit there... a bit everywhere. I don't think we came to any kind of conclusion in regards to our question: Do we control technology? Or does technology control us? However, the topic for our next gathering seems to have emerged - the concept of civil space. Individual rights for my personal good vs. shared responsibility for the common good. Stay tuned for thought-provoking reference material!

Finally, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the "Best Flaunting of the Topic" award going to Dame Judi. The hilarity of the situation was not lost on those of us around the table. After heatedly discussing some of the devastating impacts of technology on our ability to be present to each other in the moment, Judi's cell phone rings and - without missing a beat - she answers it!! Thanks to our collective sense of humour, this ended up being one of the funniest moments in Mad Chatter history... Judi, you are priceless to us and we love you!!

Chatter on, Friends!

1 comment:

Steve Harper said...

Jag,

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate you spreading the word of the Ripple to your friends and colleagues. It truly means a lot and I can't wait to meet you one of these days!

Thanks for the Ripples your conversations and your mentions on the BLOG have started for me.

Ripple On!!!

Steve