Monday, March 26, 2007

Public Lecture: Regulation in a Global Economy

FYI: Conference Board of Canada's Scholar-in-Residence Lecture ...

"Join us for this year's public lecture as moderator Allan Gregg, Scholar-in-Residence Bruce Doern, and a panel of experts including Elizabeth May, Leader of the Green Party of Canada, and Janet Yale, Executive Vice-President of Corporate Affairs at TELUS Communications discuss where regulation fits into a global economy."

I know the topic of "regulation vs. rights" came up a couple of times at our last Chat, so I thought I'd pass on the info. It's a free public lecture (with limited seating) scheduled for May 23rd. Advance registration is required, via the website.

Also, I'll be sending out an email shortly with an article that could possibly serve as a topic at the next gathering: Do we control technology? Or does technology control us?!

Ted has offered to host us at his house. (Thanks Ted!!)
Tentative date is Wednesday, April 18th. More details to come via email!

PAX,

No comments: